Friday, September 25, 2009

:)

My dad suggested I create a blog after I unwisely suggested that I wanted to spend the rest of my life writing novels. A blog would help me practice my writing, he said, and teach me a few lessons about writing consistently.
For example, he said, writers of novels must be sophisticated and generally omniscient, and I was apparently neither. A blog would help me gradually come to terms with my ignorance and even provide an incentive for me to learn.
All this probably sounds vengeful and not in very good taste! But I really appreciated his suggestion.
So here I am, finally beginning a long, long term project that has been long in the waiting. To help me orient myself and not drown in my sense of incompetence and inadequacy, I'll give a brief outline on how I plan to proceed:
I will update my blog at least weekly. Sounds easy, right? This is in fact highly ambitious of me.
My posts will also be in a specific order. For instance, one will be about a book I've read or some other literary theme I feel like discussing. The next post will be about the world - in general. This is a pretty broad topic, so I'll try to focus on current events, but as I do not have much experience or knowledge of the world outside of my bubble I'll need a broad topic to give myself leeway. Finally, I will post something personal - something I've experienced, or seen.

P.S. If you're reading this, you are either:
a) me,
b) someone I know, or
c) someone who has way too much free time, or way too little work.

No comments: